- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Ramon rows to No 12
- Updated: April 29, 2009
Veteran Olympian Ramon di Clemente has won his 12th national rowing title – his 11th in a row.
Di Clemente teamed up with 23-year-old Shaun Keeling to win the heavyweight coxless pairs at┬á Roodeplaat dam but were robbed of the time record by strong cross-winds.
It was the third time that Keeling had partnered Di Clemente to the South African title.
Di Clemente’s first win was in 1996, when he competed with Steven Hasselbach. In that year they broke the SA record which remains unbeaten.
ÔÇ£Shaun and I are focusing on the World Cup regattas next month,ÔÇØ said Di Clemente.