- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
Ramon rows to No 12
- Updated: April 29, 2009
Veteran Olympian Ramon di Clemente has won his 12th national rowing title – his 11th in a row.
Di Clemente teamed up with 23-year-old Shaun Keeling to win the heavyweight coxless pairs at┬á Roodeplaat dam but were robbed of the time record by strong cross-winds.
It was the third time that Keeling had partnered Di Clemente to the South African title.
Di Clemente’s first win was in 1996, when he competed with Steven Hasselbach. In that year they broke the SA record which remains unbeaten.
ÔÇ£Shaun and I are focusing on the World Cup regattas next month,ÔÇØ said Di Clemente.