- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
Ramon rows to No 12
- Updated: April 29, 2009
Veteran Olympian Ramon di Clemente has won his 12th national rowing title – his 11th in a row.
Di Clemente teamed up with 23-year-old Shaun Keeling to win the heavyweight coxless pairs at┬á Roodeplaat dam but were robbed of the time record by strong cross-winds.
It was the third time that Keeling had partnered Di Clemente to the South African title.
Di Clemente’s first win was in 1996, when he competed with Steven Hasselbach. In that year they broke the SA record which remains unbeaten.
ÔÇ£Shaun and I are focusing on the World Cup regattas next month,ÔÇØ said Di Clemente.