Could basketball South Africa assist us with information regarding the operation of basketball Free State. Athletes attend trials but at the end they struggle to attend national competition due to lack of funds and poor organization.
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
- Reverse strategy puts Waschefort in front
- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Updated: April 28, 2009
The South African men’s and women’s basketball teams have busy winter schedules coming up.
The men’s side have an international training camp in Angola in preparation for the William Jones Cup in Taiwan from July 18-28.
In August they’re off to Tripoli, Libya for the African Nations Cup.
The women’s side are in Angola from May 15-22 for a Four Nations tournament. In June they play three friendly games in Mozambique and then they join their male counterparts in Taiwan for the William Jones Cup.
Later in the year the team heads for Madagascar for the African Nations Cup.
Hi Daniel, Drop us a line and we'll see what we can do for you. [email protected] yours in basketball, GBA Sec Gen
Hi Thandeka, Where are you based? The Gauteng Basketball Association (GBA) can help you establish the right contacts for the SA team. Drop us a line at [email protected] All the best, GBA Secretary General
Where can I find information about the South African national team?? My father was a South African diplomat in America, where I was born and raised. I played basketball in college and professionally in Europe for over ten years. After visiting my brother in Jo-burg last Christmas I have become very interested in the SA national team but I have had trouble finding any contact info.
Good Day, Can you please forward me the contact people of Basketball in the West RAND (Gauteng) Regards, Daniel