Nats, you never cease to amaze the world! Well done, and may you do more and more. you are a great person.
- Dusi seedings up for grabs at Umpetha Challenge
- Honoured Prinsloo looks to make even bigger strides
- Eight named to do Test duty against India
- Banetse has his eye on Umpetha Challenge podium
- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
Another record for Du Toit
- Updated: April 28, 2009
South African swim star Natalie Du Toit has destroyed a 22-year-old swimming record and also beaten the entire field of entrants, male and female.
Cape Town’ s Du Toit won the Cadiz Nova 7.5 kilometre slog between Robben Island and Blouberg.
The previous record was held by Belgium’s Annemie Landmeters and stood at 1hr 40min.
Perfect windless conditions with a strong following current, saw Du Toit clocking a time of 1:35:45.
Du Toit says her next goal is to qualify for the Olympic Games in London, 2012.