Nats, you never cease to amaze the world! Well done, and may you do more and more. you are a great person.
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
- Skhosana starts his 2017 season in France
- Birkett spearheads big field for Drak Challenge
- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
Another record for Du Toit
- Updated: April 28, 2009
South African swim star Natalie Du Toit has destroyed a 22-year-old swimming record and also beaten the entire field of entrants, male and female.
Cape Town’ s Du Toit won the Cadiz Nova 7.5 kilometre slog between Robben Island and Blouberg.
The previous record was held by Belgium’s Annemie Landmeters and stood at 1hr 40min.
Perfect windless conditions with a strong following current, saw Du Toit clocking a time of 1:35:45.
Du Toit says her next goal is to qualify for the Olympic Games in London, 2012.