Nats, you never cease to amaze the world! Well done, and may you do more and more. you are a great person.
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Another record for Du Toit
- Updated: April 28, 2009
South African swim star Natalie Du Toit has destroyed a 22-year-old swimming record and also beaten the entire field of entrants, male and female.
Cape Town’ s Du Toit won the Cadiz Nova 7.5 kilometre slog between Robben Island and Blouberg.
The previous record was held by Belgium’s Annemie Landmeters and stood at 1hr 40min.
Perfect windless conditions with a strong following current, saw Du Toit clocking a time of 1:35:45.
Du Toit says her next goal is to qualify for the Olympic Games in London, 2012.