Nats, you never cease to amaze the world! Well done, and may you do more and more. you are a great person.
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
Another record for Du Toit
- Updated: April 28, 2009
South African swim star Natalie Du Toit has destroyed a 22-year-old swimming record and also beaten the entire field of entrants, male and female.
Cape Town’ s Du Toit won the Cadiz Nova 7.5 kilometre slog between Robben Island and Blouberg.
The previous record was held by Belgium’s Annemie Landmeters and stood at 1hr 40min.
Perfect windless conditions with a strong following current, saw Du Toit clocking a time of 1:35:45.
Du Toit says her next goal is to qualify for the Olympic Games in London, 2012.