- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
SA strongmen head north
- Updated: April 24, 2009
South Africa get to grips with the continent’s best in the senior African championships next month.
Casablanca, Morocco, is the venue for the championships which will take place on May 15-17.
The young team has been weakened by the withdrawal of four members: Heinrich Barnes, Richard Addinall, Hugeus Bella Luffa and Coenraad De Villiers.
Barnes and Addinall have both got knee injuries and Bella Luffa withdrew due to financial reasons.
De Villiers has opted to further his studies for the moment.
South Africa’s toughest opposition is expected to come from Nigeria, Egypt and Tunisia.