- SA runners in search of elusive medals in Kampala
- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
SA strongmen head north
- Updated: April 24, 2009
South Africa get to grips with the continent’s best in the senior African championships next month.
Casablanca, Morocco, is the venue for the championships which will take place on May 15-17.
The young team has been weakened by the withdrawal of four members: Heinrich Barnes, Richard Addinall, Hugeus Bella Luffa and Coenraad De Villiers.
Barnes and Addinall have both got knee injuries and Bella Luffa withdrew due to financial reasons.
De Villiers has opted to further his studies for the moment.
South Africa’s toughest opposition is expected to come from Nigeria, Egypt and Tunisia.