- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
SA strongmen head north
- Updated: April 24, 2009
South Africa get to grips with the continent’s best in the senior African championships next month.
Casablanca, Morocco, is the venue for the championships which will take place on May 15-17.
The young team has been weakened by the withdrawal of four members: Heinrich Barnes, Richard Addinall, Hugeus Bella Luffa and Coenraad De Villiers.
Barnes and Addinall have both got knee injuries and Bella Luffa withdrew due to financial reasons.
De Villiers has opted to further his studies for the moment.
South Africa’s toughest opposition is expected to come from Nigeria, Egypt and Tunisia.