- Continental honours for Kimberley’s Fitzpatrick
- Harris home on a high after three victories on the trot
- Golden boy Hamman on the mend after surgery
- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
Hunter left hanging
- Updated: April 24, 2009
Robbie Hunter slipped down the standings in the Giro del Trentino, to lie 122nd after the second stage.
The South African finished the 141 kilometre stage between Riva del Garda and Alpe di Pampeago 10min┬á 03sec behind Poland’s Przemyslaw Niemiec, the Miche-Silver Cross-Selle Italia cyclist clocking 2hr 50min 44sec.
Hunter is now 119th of the 159 cyclists to finish the stage.
His Barloworld team props up the team standings, 20:17 behind leaders Serramenti Pvc Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli.
The race, part of the build-up to the Giro d’Italia, finishes on Saturday.