- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
Hunter stays in touch
- Updated: April 23, 2009
Tour de France stage winner Robbie Hunter of South Africa finished within a minute of the winner in the first stage of the Giro del Trentino in Italy.
Barloword’s Hunter finished 58sec behind winner Andreas Kloden of Germany in the 16.3 kilometre time trial from Torbole to Arco .
Kloden, riding for the Astana team, was timed at 18min 21sec.
A total of 161 riders started the event, which is scheduled to finish on Saturday.
Kl├Âden was not originally scheduled to participate in the Giro del Trentino. He was to do the Tour of Romandie instead, but when organisers axed the time trial, he opted for the Italian race.
The race is part of the build up to the Giro d’Italia.