- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
Hunter stays in touch
- Updated: April 23, 2009
Tour de France stage winner Robbie Hunter of South Africa finished within a minute of the winner in the first stage of the Giro del Trentino in Italy.
Barloword’s Hunter finished 58sec behind winner Andreas Kloden of Germany in the 16.3 kilometre time trial from Torbole to Arco .
Kloden, riding for the Astana team, was timed at 18min 21sec.
A total of 161 riders started the event, which is scheduled to finish on Saturday.
Kl├Âden was not originally scheduled to participate in the Giro del Trentino. He was to do the Tour of Romandie instead, but when organisers axed the time trial, he opted for the Italian race.
The race is part of the build up to the Giro d’Italia.