- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Hunter stays in touch
- Updated: April 23, 2009
Tour de France stage winner Robbie Hunter of South Africa finished within a minute of the winner in the first stage of the Giro del Trentino in Italy.
Barloword’s Hunter finished 58sec behind winner Andreas Kloden of Germany in the 16.3 kilometre time trial from Torbole to Arco .
Kloden, riding for the Astana team, was timed at 18min 21sec.
A total of 161 riders started the event, which is scheduled to finish on Saturday.
Kl├Âden was not originally scheduled to participate in the Giro del Trentino. He was to do the Tour of Romandie instead, but when organisers axed the time trial, he opted for the Italian race.
The race is part of the build up to the Giro d’Italia.