- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
Hunter stays in touch
- Updated: April 23, 2009
Tour de France stage winner Robbie Hunter of South Africa finished within a minute of the winner in the first stage of the Giro del Trentino in Italy.
Barloword’s Hunter finished 58sec behind winner Andreas Kloden of Germany in the 16.3 kilometre time trial from Torbole to Arco .
Kloden, riding for the Astana team, was timed at 18min 21sec.
A total of 161 riders started the event, which is scheduled to finish on Saturday.
Kl├Âden was not originally scheduled to participate in the Giro del Trentino. He was to do the Tour of Romandie instead, but when organisers axed the time trial, he opted for the Italian race.
The race is part of the build up to the Giro d’Italia.