- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Hunter stays in touch
- Updated: April 23, 2009
Tour de France stage winner Robbie Hunter of South Africa finished within a minute of the winner in the first stage of the Giro del Trentino in Italy.
Barloword’s Hunter finished 58sec behind winner Andreas Kloden of Germany in the 16.3 kilometre time trial from Torbole to Arco .
Kloden, riding for the Astana team, was timed at 18min 21sec.
A total of 161 riders started the event, which is scheduled to finish on Saturday.
Kl├Âden was not originally scheduled to participate in the Giro del Trentino. He was to do the Tour of Romandie instead, but when organisers axed the time trial, he opted for the Italian race.
The race is part of the build up to the Giro d’Italia.