- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
- Track stars shine as riders pay respect to the late Zaki
- Scorching weather shortens Cape Epic stage but the racing’s still hot
- Sullwald, Fischer seal national elite titles in Aldam
SA athletes second
- Updated: April 20, 2009
Although wind played havoc with performances South Africans Wouter le Roux and Samson Ngoepe both came second in their respective events at the IAAF Grand Prix Meeting in Dakar, Senegal at the weekend.
Ngoepe had a great battle with Kenya’s Geoffrey Kipkoech Rono in the 800 metres and only lost out in the final sprint for the line.
Ngoepe posted a time of 1:49.80 behind Rono’s winning time of 1:49.72.
In the 400m hurdles, Le Roux came up against Saudi Arabia’s Bandar Yahya Shraheli and ran second in 51.82sec. Shraheli’s winning effort was 51.53sec.
And in Walnut, California, South African Angela Wagner┬áfinished in fifth place in the 3000m steeplechase at the 51st Mt. SAC Relays meeting, returning a time of 10:06.28.