- Olympian Barrow chooses SA over Australia
- Prinsloo starts 2017 with another payday
- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
SA athletes second
- Updated: April 20, 2009
Although wind played havoc with performances South Africans Wouter le Roux and Samson Ngoepe both came second in their respective events at the IAAF Grand Prix Meeting in Dakar, Senegal at the weekend.
Ngoepe had a great battle with Kenya’s Geoffrey Kipkoech Rono in the 800 metres and only lost out in the final sprint for the line.
Ngoepe posted a time of 1:49.80 behind Rono’s winning time of 1:49.72.
In the 400m hurdles, Le Roux came up against Saudi Arabia’s Bandar Yahya Shraheli and ran second in 51.82sec. Shraheli’s winning effort was 51.53sec.
And in Walnut, California, South African Angela Wagner┬áfinished in fifth place in the 3000m steeplechase at the 51st Mt. SAC Relays meeting, returning a time of 10:06.28.