- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
SA athletes second
- Updated: April 20, 2009
Although wind played havoc with performances South Africans Wouter le Roux and Samson Ngoepe both came second in their respective events at the IAAF Grand Prix Meeting in Dakar, Senegal at the weekend.
Ngoepe had a great battle with Kenya’s Geoffrey Kipkoech Rono in the 800 metres and only lost out in the final sprint for the line.
Ngoepe posted a time of 1:49.80 behind Rono’s winning time of 1:49.72.
In the 400m hurdles, Le Roux came up against Saudi Arabia’s Bandar Yahya Shraheli and ran second in 51.82sec. Shraheli’s winning effort was 51.53sec.
And in Walnut, California, South African Angela Wagner┬áfinished in fifth place in the 3000m steeplechase at the 51st Mt. SAC Relays meeting, returning a time of 10:06.28.