- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
- Levey ends 10-month drought to win at Randpark
- Porteous back to defend at Joburg Open after tough year
- Two more medals as SA finish with five in Egypt
- Mayo grabs his chance at SA Amateur Championship
- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
De Voest vanquished
- Updated: April 20, 2009
Top-seeded Fabrice Santoro beat South Africa’s Rik de Voest in the final of the inaugural Soweto Open on Sunday.
The 36-year-old Frenchman beat South Africa’s No 1 Davis Cup player 7-5 6-4 to take the R140,000 first prize.
The game was played in energy-sapping 35 degree conditions and De Voest can take a lot ouf of the game against a player ranked 128 places above him.
The doubles final went to Chris Guccione of Australia and George Bastl of Switzerland. They beat Russian pair Michail Elgin and Alexandre Kudrayavtsev 6-2 4-6 11-9 (10-point tiebreaker) to share first prize of R60 000.