- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
- Mokoka makes Marathon Majors debut in Tokyo
- Park’s 68 puts her two shots clear at SA Masters
- Banyana get right into training regime in Reunion
- Future speedsters strut their stuff at Green Point
- Garcia tames wind to share the lead at SA Women’s Masters
New Fed Cup captain
- Updated: April 17, 2009
Former world number seven player, Greer Leo-Smith (nee Stevens,) has been named captain of the South African Fed Cup side.
Stevens, 52, faces her first assingment in a trip to Antalya, Turkey next week, where South Africa contest the Euro/Africa Group II competition. Other countries competing in the hard-court format will be hosts Turkey, Georgia, Latvia and Morocco.
The team will be led by Natalie Grandin (world number 243) and made up by Lizanne du Plessis (650), Kelly Anderson (848) and Christi Potgieter.
Leo-Smith takes over from Rowena Sanders (nee Whitehouse) who did not put her name forward for re-election.
The round-robin event features two pools of three. The pool winners play the runners-up in the other pool, with the winners promoted to Euro/Africa Group I next year.
The bottom nation are relegated to Group Three.