- Championship Records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
- Caster, Wayde up for Athletes of the Year award
- Seven more golds for SA at African Championships
New Fed Cup captain
- Updated: April 17, 2009
Former world number seven player, Greer Leo-Smith (nee Stevens,) has been named captain of the South African Fed Cup side.
Stevens, 52, faces her first assingment in a trip to Antalya, Turkey next week, where South Africa contest the Euro/Africa Group II competition. Other countries competing in the hard-court format will be hosts Turkey, Georgia, Latvia and Morocco.
The team will be led by Natalie Grandin (world number 243) and made up by Lizanne du Plessis (650), Kelly Anderson (848) and Christi Potgieter.
Leo-Smith takes over from Rowena Sanders (nee Whitehouse) who did not put her name forward for re-election.
The round-robin event features two pools of three. The pool winners play the runners-up in the other pool, with the winners promoted to Euro/Africa Group I next year.
The bottom nation are relegated to Group Three.