- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Impey stays in touch
- Updated: April 17, 2009
South Africa’s Daryl Impey retained second spot in the Presidential Tour in Turkey on Thursday.
The Barloworld rider finished with the bunch, 8min 56sec behind stage winner Olivier Kaisen of Belgium.
Kaizen, who rides for the Silence-Lotto team, clocked 3hr 15min 52sec for the 130-kilometre stage between Marmaris to Fethiye.
Another South African rider, Nolan Hoffman, with Team Stegcomputer-Neotel, also finished with the bunch.
Impey is now two seconds behind leader David Loosli (Swi) Lampre-NGC who heads the overall standings on 18:55:36.
Hoffman is 45th (32:07 adrift).
A third South African, Hoffman’s teammate, James Perry, is 1.15.02 down.
Barloworld moved up to second in the team category, 41sec behind Acqua Sapone-Caffe Mokambo who have a combined time of 56.41.35.