- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Impey stays in touch
- Updated: April 17, 2009
South Africa’s Daryl Impey retained second spot in the Presidential Tour in Turkey on Thursday.
The Barloworld rider finished with the bunch, 8min 56sec behind stage winner Olivier Kaisen of Belgium.
Kaizen, who rides for the Silence-Lotto team, clocked 3hr 15min 52sec for the 130-kilometre stage between Marmaris to Fethiye.
Another South African rider, Nolan Hoffman, with Team Stegcomputer-Neotel, also finished with the bunch.
Impey is now two seconds behind leader David Loosli (Swi) Lampre-NGC who heads the overall standings on 18:55:36.
Hoffman is 45th (32:07 adrift).
A third South African, Hoffman’s teammate, James Perry, is 1.15.02 down.
Barloworld moved up to second in the team category, 41sec behind Acqua Sapone-Caffe Mokambo who have a combined time of 56.41.35.