- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
- White-hot racing as McGregor, Solms lead Drak
- Ellis urges Banyana players to show off their talents
Impey stays in touch
- Updated: April 17, 2009
South Africa’s Daryl Impey retained second spot in the Presidential Tour in Turkey on Thursday.
The Barloworld rider finished with the bunch, 8min 56sec behind stage winner Olivier Kaisen of Belgium.
Kaizen, who rides for the Silence-Lotto team, clocked 3hr 15min 52sec for the 130-kilometre stage between Marmaris to Fethiye.
Another South African rider, Nolan Hoffman, with Team Stegcomputer-Neotel, also finished with the bunch.
Impey is now two seconds behind leader David Loosli (Swi) Lampre-NGC who heads the overall standings on 18:55:36.
Hoffman is 45th (32:07 adrift).
A third South African, Hoffman’s teammate, James Perry, is 1.15.02 down.
Barloworld moved up to second in the team category, 41sec behind Acqua Sapone-Caffe Mokambo who have a combined time of 56.41.35.