- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Impey stays in touch
- Updated: April 17, 2009
South Africa’s Daryl Impey retained second spot in the Presidential Tour in Turkey on Thursday.
The Barloworld rider finished with the bunch, 8min 56sec behind stage winner Olivier Kaisen of Belgium.
Kaizen, who rides for the Silence-Lotto team, clocked 3hr 15min 52sec for the 130-kilometre stage between Marmaris to Fethiye.
Another South African rider, Nolan Hoffman, with Team Stegcomputer-Neotel, also finished with the bunch.
Impey is now two seconds behind leader David Loosli (Swi) Lampre-NGC who heads the overall standings on 18:55:36.
Hoffman is 45th (32:07 adrift).
A third South African, Hoffman’s teammate, James Perry, is 1.15.02 down.
Barloworld moved up to second in the team category, 41sec behind Acqua Sapone-Caffe Mokambo who have a combined time of 56.41.35.