- Swiss experience helps Beyers take two track titles
- SA’s developing sailors to battle it out in historic regatta
- Triple boost for Dazel’s women’s sevens side
- SA stars on track for national championships
- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
Coolboy conquers Comores
- Updated: April 15, 2009
South African runners came up tops in the Southern Region half-marathon championships in the Comores at the weekend.
Central Gauteng’s Coolboy Ngamole was in a class of his own in the men’s race and crossed the finish line in a time of 66min 34sec.
He was followed by team-mates, Zongamele Dyubeni and Xolisa Tyali, who crossed the finish line together. Dyubeni was awarded silver and Tyali bronze. Both were timed at 70:51.
Another Central Gauteng athlete, Poppy Mlambo won the gold medal in the women’s race in 80:50.