- Davids does the job on day one of Summer Series
- SA’s Strauss and Knox nail down Epic podium places
- Freiburghaus doubles up at Randpark
- Olympic champ Schurter moves into Cape Epic lead
- OJ Eagles, Western Warriors rule the Currie Cup roost
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
Moseley’s perfect gift
- Updated: April 13, 2009
Britain’s Tracy Moseley celebrated her 30th birthday in style when she won the women’s downhill event at the first round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Pietermaritzburg.
Going into Sunday’s final as the fastest qualifier by nine seconds, the Trek World Racing team member had a near flawless run down the 2.8km course to capture victory from Frenchwoman Emmeline Ragot (Suspension Centre) by more than six seconds. Another Frenchwoman, Sabrina Jonnier (Maxxis/Rocky Mountain) took third place.
ÔÇ£It was totally wicked!ÔÇØ exclaimed Moseley. ÔÇ£I thought the course would never end. It was tough up towards the top ÔÇô really technical. I would’ve preferred the whole course to be like that. None of us like pedalling! We’re downhillers! But it’s the best 30th birthday present a girl could wish for.
South Africans Joanna Petterson and Anke Martin finished 10th and 12th respectively.