- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
Moseley’s perfect gift
- Updated: April 13, 2009
Britain’s Tracy Moseley celebrated her 30th birthday in style when she won the women’s downhill event at the first round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Pietermaritzburg.
Going into Sunday’s final as the fastest qualifier by nine seconds, the Trek World Racing team member had a near flawless run down the 2.8km course to capture victory from Frenchwoman Emmeline Ragot (Suspension Centre) by more than six seconds. Another Frenchwoman, Sabrina Jonnier (Maxxis/Rocky Mountain) took third place.
ÔÇ£It was totally wicked!ÔÇØ exclaimed Moseley. ÔÇ£I thought the course would never end. It was tough up towards the top ÔÇô really technical. I would’ve preferred the whole course to be like that. None of us like pedalling! We’re downhillers! But it’s the best 30th birthday present a girl could wish for.
South Africans Joanna Petterson and Anke Martin finished 10th and 12th respectively.