- Amajita play Mali twice in CAF warm-ups
- Fitzpatrick’s road to Tokyo starts in Dubai
- Rookies Conradie and Spacey chase hard at Ruimsig
- ASA launches new four-meeting track and field series
- Ellis: ‘We never gave up and kept playing and fighting’
- Garlicki keen to get going on home turf
- Blitzbok speedsters gearing up for Wellington action
- Banyana go down 2-0 to France in Reunion
- Birkett and Solms wrap up Drak Challenge wins
- Park posts her maiden Sunshine Tour victory
Moseley’s perfect gift
- Updated: April 13, 2009
Britain’s Tracy Moseley celebrated her 30th birthday in style when she won the women’s downhill event at the first round of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup in Pietermaritzburg.
Going into Sunday’s final as the fastest qualifier by nine seconds, the Trek World Racing team member had a near flawless run down the 2.8km course to capture victory from Frenchwoman Emmeline Ragot (Suspension Centre) by more than six seconds. Another Frenchwoman, Sabrina Jonnier (Maxxis/Rocky Mountain) took third place.
ÔÇ£It was totally wicked!ÔÇØ exclaimed Moseley. ÔÇ£I thought the course would never end. It was tough up towards the top ÔÇô really technical. I would’ve preferred the whole course to be like that. None of us like pedalling! We’re downhillers! But it’s the best 30th birthday present a girl could wish for.
South Africans Joanna Petterson and Anke Martin finished 10th and 12th respectively.