- Hartley’s Dusi buildup gathers pace
- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
Female boxers eye London
- Updated: April 3, 2009
The International Olympic Committe (IOC) is to decide in August whether women’s boxing will be part of the 2012 London Olympics.
The IOC will consider a request by the International Boxing Association (IABA) and then advise the executive board further. The Board is scheduled to meet in Berlin on August 13.
Of the 26 Summer Olympic sports federations┬á organising competitions in London, boxing is the only one without female participants.