- Junior Bok star Davids gets Blitzboks call-up
- Captain Terblanche ready to rock the Summer Series
- Bregman: SA Women’s Masters is anyone’s to win
- Top-ranked Klaasen named in Davis Cup squad
- Henderson hunts Dusi Marathon history
- Conradie hunts win to even up brotherly battle
- Mgcoyi: Banyana have to bury their chances against France
- Le Roux changes age group in victorious fashion
- Newly-wed Buhai keen to get back into the swing of things
- More honours for Mona as she takes gold in Texas
Female boxers eye London
- Updated: April 3, 2009
The International Olympic Committe (IOC) is to decide in August whether women’s boxing will be part of the 2012 London Olympics.
The IOC will consider a request by the International Boxing Association (IABA) and then advise the executive board further. The Board is scheduled to meet in Berlin on August 13.
Of the 26 Summer Olympic sports federations┬á organising competitions in London, boxing is the only one without female participants.