- Debut Hawaii win for Jordy Smith
- Blitzboks skipper calls for improvement on home soil
- Runaway Test win for South Africa in India
- Olympian Stone pounces at Leopard Creek
- SA team extend lead in Indian Test
- Blitzboks blast past Kiwis to reach Dubai semi-finals
- Van Niekerk pays tribute to triumphant Bolt
- Banyana dominate but go down to Ghana in playoff
- Blitzboks bag three wins in Dubai
- International honours for Olympic coach Barrow
Female boxers eye London
- Updated: April 3, 2009
The International Olympic Committe (IOC) is to decide in August whether women’s boxing will be part of the 2012 London Olympics.
The IOC will consider a request by the International Boxing Association (IABA) and then advise the executive board further. The Board is scheduled to meet in Berlin on August 13.
Of the 26 Summer Olympic sports federations┬á organising competitions in London, boxing is the only one without female participants.