- Bezuidenhout, Smit off to flyer at Better Ball Challenge
- Thousands of women prepare for running Challenge
- SA’s team named to do Fed Cup duty in Lithuania
- Hawtrey’s passing a big loss for SA cycling
- Nienaber back with a bang, targets another Nomads title
- Seboko best of the bunch in uphill battle in Uganda
- Davids doubles up in Summer Series
- Elkington eclipses opposition at Loch Ness
- Hurdler Steenkamp winding up for a big one
- Olympic champion’s Epic win, big-hearted women’s triumph
Female boxers eye London
- Updated: April 3, 2009
The International Olympic Committe (IOC) is to decide in August whether women’s boxing will be part of the 2012 London Olympics.
The IOC will consider a request by the International Boxing Association (IABA) and then advise the executive board further. The Board is scheduled to meet in Berlin on August 13.
Of the 26 Summer Olympic sports federations┬á organising competitions in London, boxing is the only one without female participants.