@Thepiso, What do you mean"likes of his team mate at racers club usain bolt"is he training under Glen Mills.. I mean Simon?
- SA’s Van Dyk in the Tokyo mix… chasing world record
- Fichardt finds his form at sodden Joburg Open
- Young Lamprecht makes history at Humewood
- Sheer skill as SA duo clean up on world stage
- It’s an all-SA Championship showdown in Humewood final
- Kruger best-placed SA player as Peterson leads in the wet
- High praise for SAFA from FIFA president Infantino
- Park wins play-off in Classic duel against Dlamini
- Buhai ends with a birdie to grab Glendower lead
- Amajita win warm-up match before U20 AFCON
Magakwe fairytale continues
- Updated: March 26, 2009
South Africa’s fastest man with no shoes, finally has a new pair to call his own. Simon Magakwe famously arrived at the national track and field championships in Stellenbosch earlier this month, carrying a pair of borrowed shoes, and kit, in a plastic shopping bag. He changed, and stopped the clock in 10.21sec to sensationally win the title against all odds.
Athletics South Africa, belatedly it has to be said, considering Magakwe has been on the scene for the last couple of seasons, sent the champion to the University of Pretoria’s High Performance Centre for tests to determine his potential.
It was discovered there that Magakwe had run his races in Stellenbosch with shin injuries. And that he has flat feet. ASA high performance manager Wilfred Daniels said there was more good news for Magakwe. Jaun Strydom, who will be helping him with his coaching in Pretoria over the next two weeks, has spoken to adidas, who will kit out the athlete in future.
The fairytale story is about to continue.