- World’s top teams head for SA
- Sunshine Ladies Tour starts fourth season in January
- Weber wins SA’s final gold medal of African Champs
- Tough going in Tongyeong for SA’s Radford
- Double gold for Venter as SA medal count reaches 59
- Winning start for Ellis as Banyana beat Egypt
- Skhosana’s promise to take SA even further forward
- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
Anderson falls at the first hurdle
- Updated: March 14, 2009
South Africa’s 2008 tennis Olympian Kevin Anderson, who missed last week’s Davis Cup tie over Macedonia due to injury, was beaten in the first round of the BNP Paribas Open ATP Masters at Indian Wells.
Anderson fell 6-3 6-3 to the German Michael Berrer. Anderson has fallen out of the top 100 players in the world after a brief appearance in 2008, but his form has subsequently dipped, while injury has also taken a toll.