Hello All I have the same problem as Erna (above), I have a friend here at work that asked me to please get contact details of someone who can help him in joining the paralympics team , he is interested in Athletics and does not know how or where to start and need a helping hand. Please could you help me with contact details. Thank you.
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
- Is mighty Manyonga the world’s first nine-metre man?
- Mistry tames the nerves to nail victory at Wanderers
- SA boys bring back Nations Cup gold from Czech Republic
- Van Dyk fourth and motivated after exciting mass finish in London
- Olympic rowers for Arnold Classic Africa
- Haig hits comeback trail with a vengeance at Killarney
- Mabulu grabs bronze, kata team wins three medals in Madagascar
- Cremona pulls out all the stops with best throw on SA soil
- Five-stroke cushion as Mistry makes her move
2012 Paralympians head for PE
- Updated: March 4, 2009
The Paralympic stars of London 2012 will be among the estimated 800 disabled and visually impaired athletes who will descend on Port Elizabeth next month for the annual Nedbank National Championships.
Competition will take place at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University from April 4-10. The 800-odd athletes will compete in a variety of codesm, including athletics, swimming, archery, football, goalball, boccia and powerlifting.
It was at these Championships, which have been taking place for around 16 years, that Oscar Pistorius, the face of Paralympic sport, was discovered. Over the years the event has been seen as a feeder system for the Paralympics, and this next instalment should be no different.
Other athletes who have competed and continually excelled at the event, breaking numerous South African and world records include Hilton Langenhoven, Natalie du Toit, Teboho Mokgalagadi, Tadhg Slattery and Zanele Situ. Given South Africa’s success at the Paralympics in Beijing last year, the Port Elizabeth public are in for a feast of quality performances.
Dear Erna Please call Leon Fleischer at : 0114833788 and he will be able to assist you. Regards Gideon
Please help me, if've been back and forward for some help I did sent some mail to Tubby but without responce. I am a Prone .22 Bisley target shooter. I lost the use in my Left leg after an accident. I am interrested in some more info on joining the paralimpics. Please someone help me with a contact number. Thank you