Hello All I have the same problem as Erna (above), I have a friend here at work that asked me to please get contact details of someone who can help him in joining the paralympics team , he is interested in Athletics and does not know how or where to start and need a helping hand. Please could you help me with contact details. Thank you.
- Radebe hoping to realise Tokyo 2020 dream
- Continental track championships wrap up in style
- Young Guns rule the day at Cape Epic
- SA stars on track at continental championships
- ‘Technical session’ brings out the best in Van Rensburg
- Relay quartet speed to second fastest 4×100 time
- SA longboard trio go down in Papua New Guinea
- Sauser/Kulhavy’s win makes up ground at Cape Epic
- Third consecutive NYC Half victory for Van Dyk
- Olympian Oosthuizen starts season with top-10 finish
2012 Paralympians head for PE
- Updated: March 4, 2009
The Paralympic stars of London 2012 will be among the estimated 800 disabled and visually impaired athletes who will descend on Port Elizabeth next month for the annual Nedbank National Championships.
Competition will take place at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University from April 4-10. The 800-odd athletes will compete in a variety of codesm, including athletics, swimming, archery, football, goalball, boccia and powerlifting.
It was at these Championships, which have been taking place for around 16 years, that Oscar Pistorius, the face of Paralympic sport, was discovered. Over the years the event has been seen as a feeder system for the Paralympics, and this next instalment should be no different.
Other athletes who have competed and continually excelled at the event, breaking numerous South African and world records include Hilton Langenhoven, Natalie du Toit, Teboho Mokgalagadi, Tadhg Slattery and Zanele Situ. Given South Africa’s success at the Paralympics in Beijing last year, the Port Elizabeth public are in for a feast of quality performances.
Dear Erna Please call Leon Fleischer at : 0114833788 and he will be able to assist you. Regards Gideon
Please help me, if've been back and forward for some help I did sent some mail to Tubby but without responce. I am a Prone .22 Bisley target shooter. I lost the use in my Left leg after an accident. I am interrested in some more info on joining the paralimpics. Please someone help me with a contact number. Thank you