- It’s 50 medals for SA at African Championships
- Top-ranked Williams does the double
- Championship records for Brown and relay team
- Gobel grabs share of the lead at Kyalami
- Interim coach Ellis looks to take Banyana even further
- Opening round of 70 puts Williams in front
- Big medal haul for SA at Junior Commonwealth Games
- Successful comeback from injury as Anel grabs fourth
- Dednam duo win 10th SA doubles title
- Corbett leads the way as SA tally grows to 35
SACS crew show their potential
- Updated: February 26, 2009
The established Cape Town school of SACS have some rowing talent that could well spring to the fore in London in 2012. Their First Eight rowing team have established themselves as probably the best crew in the country.
Following a sizzling start to their season, the young team was deemed good enough to undertake last weekend’s tour to East London and after opening their campaign with victory in the Selborne Sprint Regatta they shocked locals further when they produced a superb effort to oust the favoured crews St Andrews and Selborne in the junior eights at the 122nd ERA Buffalo Regatta.
Both regattas took place on the Buffalo River and the SACS crew were described as ÔÇ£absolute poetry in motionÔÇØ by the Daily Dispatch newspaper, coming from behind to reel in the St Andrews outfit and beat them by two seconds.
The annual events gives the opportunity for local clubs to compete on a national stage in preparation for the SA School Championships in Pretoria next month.