- Nyambi soaking up the ins and outs of the golfing world
- Frechou out to end Harmse’s hammer reign
- Rain wins at Glendower and forces early Sunshine start
- Mokoena and Roto shine at home and abroad
- Trio of SA divers shine at United States meetings
- Late starter Mabilane goes on to share lead
- Shange takes second in last race Down Under
- Senong names final Amajita squad for Afcon in Zambia
- Sunshine Classic will see the Chase hotting up
- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
SACS crew show their potential
- Updated: February 26, 2009
The established Cape Town school of SACS have some rowing talent that could well spring to the fore in London in 2012. Their First Eight rowing team have established themselves as probably the best crew in the country.
Following a sizzling start to their season, the young team was deemed good enough to undertake last weekend’s tour to East London and after opening their campaign with victory in the Selborne Sprint Regatta they shocked locals further when they produced a superb effort to oust the favoured crews St Andrews and Selborne in the junior eights at the 122nd ERA Buffalo Regatta.
Both regattas took place on the Buffalo River and the SACS crew were described as ÔÇ£absolute poetry in motionÔÇØ by the Daily Dispatch newspaper, coming from behind to reel in the St Andrews outfit and beat them by two seconds.
The annual events gives the opportunity for local clubs to compete on a national stage in preparation for the SA School Championships in Pretoria next month.