- Stings down champs as Jaguars post Brutal record
- Bogey-free Bekker builds four-stroke lead in Lusaka
- National Orders honour for rowing’s ‘Oarsome Foursome’
- Fireballs douse Flames’ challenge in Brutal encounter
- More teams for reverse Test series against India
- Trim Hoffman looks to have what it takes to win in Durban
- Ngoepe is South Africa’s first Gift to the Major League!
- Amajita fine-tune World Cup preparations in Netherlands
- Haig celebrates comeback with fourth IGT Tour victory
- Sixth-time lucky as Van Rensburg finally savours SA title
SACS crew show their potential
- Updated: February 26, 2009
The established Cape Town school of SACS have some rowing talent that could well spring to the fore in London in 2012. Their First Eight rowing team have established themselves as probably the best crew in the country.
Following a sizzling start to their season, the young team was deemed good enough to undertake last weekend’s tour to East London and after opening their campaign with victory in the Selborne Sprint Regatta they shocked locals further when they produced a superb effort to oust the favoured crews St Andrews and Selborne in the junior eights at the 122nd ERA Buffalo Regatta.
Both regattas took place on the Buffalo River and the SACS crew were described as ÔÇ£absolute poetry in motionÔÇØ by the Daily Dispatch newspaper, coming from behind to reel in the St Andrews outfit and beat them by two seconds.
The annual events gives the opportunity for local clubs to compete on a national stage in preparation for the SA School Championships in Pretoria next month.