- Footballers get Team SA off to winning start
- Team SA leads the way at Region 5 Games opening ceremony
- Stapleton flies flag for SA in India
- Judoka ready to get to grips for Team SA
- SA’s six Games boxers ready to take to the ring
- SA duo up for prestigious world awards
- SA youngsters aim for a repeat of 2014
- Health issues as South Africa play catch-up in India
- Team SA head off to Angola on Region 5 Games mission
- Mthembu puts SA back on podium… after 23 years!
SACS crew show their potential
- Updated: February 26, 2009
The established Cape Town school of SACS have some rowing talent that could well spring to the fore in London in 2012. Their First Eight rowing team have established themselves as probably the best crew in the country.
Following a sizzling start to their season, the young team was deemed good enough to undertake last weekend’s tour to East London and after opening their campaign with victory in the Selborne Sprint Regatta they shocked locals further when they produced a superb effort to oust the favoured crews St Andrews and Selborne in the junior eights at the 122nd ERA Buffalo Regatta.
Both regattas took place on the Buffalo River and the SACS crew were described as ÔÇ£absolute poetry in motionÔÇØ by the Daily Dispatch newspaper, coming from behind to reel in the St Andrews outfit and beat them by two seconds.
The annual events gives the opportunity for local clubs to compete on a national stage in preparation for the SA School Championships in Pretoria next month.