- World Cup bronze for SA’s Zoonekynd
- Eagle-birdie finish helps Garcia to Challenge victory
- Olympian Ho and Twichell are Cape Mile champions
- Lawrie wins at Fancourt to grab a prestigous double
- Coetzee hangs in for share of the Pro-Am lead
- Garcia getting closer to another Tour title
- Toughest Dusi in years but Birkett and Solms triumph
- Zoonekynd eases into finals at Baku World Cup
- Solid Ahlers leads by two at Fancourt
- Garcia, Park lead as defending champ Pace lurks
Final chance for cross-country stars to shine
- Updated: February 26, 2009
Athletics South Africa named a potent line-up to compete in the Southern Region Cross Country Championships in Mauritius on March 1. There is added incentive to do well, for the regional championships double as a full-blown final trial for the World Cross-Country Championships, to be held in Amman, Jordan, on March 28.
The Southern Region Championships serve as the final trial for the selection of the team to Jordan. South Africa’s onslaught in the senior men’s competition will be led by the experienced quartet of Stephen Mokoka, Tshamano Setone, Boy Soke and Jeffrey Gwebu and given their performances in this season they will be hard to beat. The Phalula twins, Lebo and Lebogang, together with Tebogo Masehla, Myrette Filmalter and Annerien van Schalkwyk will seek the honours in the senior women’s race.